• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal age to move out in tn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Broken_minded

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Okay this may be pretty long but bare with me, please. My Girlfriend is 17 and she is wanting to move in with her aunt, because her parents, they torment her in a way. She has an older sister which has a child, and a younger brother. Her brother has more freedom than her and he is only 13, for instense if her brother did something wrong it gets taken out on her, not phsycally but mentally.

They used to let her go places until they started going to church ; now she has to stay at home and clean after everyone else while they do nothing. She stays depressed, she cries all the time, and has also tried suicide. When she mentions how she feels to them they turn it around on her.

Her mother is highly medicated and her father used drugs but is now clean. Her sister has just moved back in with her child. They told my gf that she would have to live with her aunt for just a little while, until her sister got a place of her own. Just doesnt seem fair.

My oppinion is the only reason they want her there is to clean for them. If there is anyone that has any advice, please, give me an answer good or bad, just so i know i tried to help........
Thanks.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Broken_minded said:
What is the name of your state? tennessee

Okay, this may be pretty long but bare with me please. My gf is 17 and she is wanting to move in with her aunt because her parents they torment her in a way, she has an older sister which has a child and a little brother, her brother has for freedom than her and he is only 13, they used to let her go places until they started going to church now she has to stay at home and clean after everyone while they do nothing if her brother does something wrong they take it out on her not phsyically but mentally, she is so depressed she cries everyday and has also tried suicide but if she says anything to them they turn it around on her, her mother is highly medicated and lets just say isnt in her right mind and her father used drugs for sometime but is now clean. her sister has just moved back in with her baby and they told my gf that she could stay with her aunt for a while until her sister gets a place of her own, which doesnt seem to fair at all, my oppinion is the only reason they want her there is to clean for them, if there is anyone that has any advice please give me an answer good or bad just so i know i tried to help.... thanks

My response:

I got to the part where your girlfriend has been turned into Cinderella. Then, I had to stop.

Has anyone - - a teacher, a parent, your boss - - ever explained the concepts of run-on sentences and sentence structure to you?

IAAL

B

Broken_minded

actually i didnt think it would matter the way i worded my post..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Broken_minded said:
"actually i didnt think it would matter the way i worded my post."

======================================

My response:

You didn't think it would matter? Then you were wrong. Your wording has nothing to do with it. I asked you a question, and you failed to answer. It wasn't a rhetorical question.

Linguists, long ago, invented something real neat - - it's called a "period". You have so many thoughts, scenarios, and ideas running into each other that it makes reading your post exceedingly difficult. That's what "periods" are for; to divide thoughts and ideas from one another.

If you want people to read and help you, start caring about the way you communicate, and use what you learned in school.

IAAL

B

Broken_minded

There did that help any? Sorry its 2:30am and i am a little frustrated.....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Broken_minded said:
"There did that help any? Sorry its 2:30am and i am a little frustrated....."

====================================

My response:

Not really. You're tired, and so am I. I'm going to sleep.

We'll begin again tomorrow - - and then we'll discuss the importance of spelling, grammar, commas, sentence structure, and making paragraphs.

Once you've mastered the English language, and you're able to properly communicate with others, then we can move on to answering your post.

See if you can make the corrections on your own before 11:00 a.m., your time.

IAAL

B

Broken_minded

11am?! You've got to be kidding me. Well, i guess i'll have to try. Thanks for running me around most of the morning.

B

Broken_minded

There, i hope people can understand it better now.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=150188

This is an example of why it is SO important to pay attention in school, and to correctly spell your words when attempting to communicate. Oh, and when you read it, you'll notice that all the parties are from your State, Tennessee.

Learn from that post, and never forget it.

IAAL

B

Broken_minded

Very funny, i would bet your enjoying every moment of this? Okay, I have come up with some ideas. First, I suggested to her, to call her Guidance Counselor and maybe see if she can help the situation any. Second, see about getting emancipated. I was wondering how long that would take and if it would actually help?

Oh, by the way, I don't plan on becoming a tatoo artist.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Assuming that your state will emancipate a minor (not all states do) she will have to show that she is completely capable of supporting herself with no assistance whatsoever. That means paying rent, food, clothes, transportation, insurance, medical, whatever, BY HERSELF. Not with help from her aunt, BY HERSELF. If she cannot do that, she cannot be emancipated.

At the age of 18 she can move out and go wherever she wants. Until that time, she is under her parent's control and unless she is actually being abused (in which case she should call the Child Protective Services) she will have to stay where she is, even if that means cleaning the house.

B

Broken_minded

Well thanks, guess it's just a waiting game from here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">