• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal capacity to marry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joy112580

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? texas i am a us citizen and got married to the philippines without a legal capacity to marry which is supposed to be one of the requirements do you think the marriage is still legal?

LdiJ

ongoingvoni said:
What exactly do you mean by "didn't have the mental capicity to marry"? Could you be more specific?
The OP said that they didn't have the "legal capacity to marry", not the "mental capacity to marry". However, I agree that they need to be more specific.

joy112580

legal or not

sorry for not being specific, anyway "legal capacity to marry" it is an affidavit required to Us citizen getting married abroad. For somebody to issue a marriage liscense they should have it as one of the requirements which indeed the municipal where i got married didn't ask for it but instead they got us married and then afterwards asked for the legal capacity thats why what happened ithe marriage took place on february but because they ask for the legal capacity after the marriage what they did on the marriage contract they change the date of marriage into july. did anybody get my point? so do you think the marriage was legal! :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">