• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlblades

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A year ago (November 19, 2008 to be exact) it was agreed that I would split attorney fees with the ex-husband for a modification to the decree. After the signed agreement was filed with the courts, we have continued to receive additional attorney's fees stacked on top of the balance "after the signed agreement has been filed". Additionally, it has been agreed that the other party (ex-husband) was to provide "redacted copies of the billing statements" prior to making any payments towards the attorney's fees. While we have received a statement with only a dollar amount without detail. My question is; am I obligated to pay these fees? To date, I have paid $2400.00 with another $1000.00 due to him at the 1st of April. He is unwilling to provide any further detail than what has previously been sent.

To dirty the water some more, he has also attached dental expenses that seem rather excessive without any insurance provider that he was obligated to provide according to the modification "he" had put in place. He is also supposed to provide 2nd opinions if the cost is excessive; however has failed to do so. I was also to be notified prior to this work and was not. Keep in mind; the children's teeth are in IMMACULANT condition! My question is; am I responsible for 1/2 the costs if an insurance provider was not provided?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Thank you. I appreciate any guidance or advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">