• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Last Name Change....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ameilius

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - New Jersey

we paid a lawyer to go through the legal name change - i changed my last name to my grandfathers to carry on the family, i was like his son etc etc

anyway - it was all legal, i got the judgement and all etc

well, i had some things come up and i didnt meet the deadline to send all my stuff in to get a new drivers license, etc etc with the NEW name - i think it was like 30 days after the official judgement....

at THIS point (its been about a year) - what do i need to do to get this process underway?? - i heard i have to go to the courthouse and get official raised seal docs to send to treasury, dmv etc - but its been a year? - am i screwed?

JETX

at THIS point (its been about a year) - what do i need to do to get this process underway?? - i heard i have to go to the courthouse and get official raised seal docs to send to treasury, dmv etc - but its been a year? - am i screwed?
You need to ask your attorney.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - New Jersey

we paid a lawyer to go through the legal name change - i changed my last name to my grandfathers to carry on the family, i was like his son etc etc

anyway - it was all legal, i got the judgement and all etc

well, i had some things come up and i didnt meet the deadline to send all my stuff in to get a new drivers license, etc etc with the NEW name - i think it was like 30 days after the official judgement....

You'll probably need to go to the courthouse and get certified copies of the judgement. It won't hurt to make sure with your attorney before doing that though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">