• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal rights to deceased fiances belongings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amj

What is the name of your state? florida

My fiance died July 20 of 06 at 34. I allowed his parents to come into our home to get a few important items of rememberance. Although still legally married, my fiance had not seen his "wife" for over 3 years and they were a married couple for 3 weeks. We had tried to find her to get it anulled but had no luck. We lived together for over a year and his belongings are very minimul. Probably not even $500.00 worth but are of course priceless to me. I just don't want our home disrupted anymore so that I can proceed with the grieving process. They told me that they do not think this woman would want anything of his/mine but that they had gotten legal advice to collect the items and store them until she gets back to them. I asked why couldn't these things stay here but they said that this is what the lawyer recommended. I have a debt now of ours exceeding $4000.00 in back rent to my family that owns the apartment we lived in as well. Would this make a differance in my right to keep our home in tact? Do I have the right to keep these things in our home? What can I do if anything to protect our home and the belongings in it? Please..any help would be appreciated. Thank you, aj

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">