• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal wife vs Mistress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pnay_909

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA and WA

Hello. My situation is a little complicated. I used to live in WA state and move here to CA in dec. 2006. In 2005, I found out that my husband was having an affair to this woman he met online who's living in the philippines. I was able to talk to her to leave us alone but she still kept the relationship going. My husband visited the philippines for 2 weeks early 2006 and found out they did had a sexual relationship then. when I moved to CA late 2006, my husband followed and thought everything was over. In mid 2008, I found some texts, emails and indecent picturesof her sent to my husband. I again confronted her and told her I would post the pictures online if she wont stop. She had the guts to scream at me and object to stopping the relationship after my husband already decide to stop it. Now that its 2009, the texts, emails wont stop and I posted the pix and videos online but took them down eventually as promised. I will be moving back to my husband in WA next month to try to work our relationship. Her family threatened my husband about the online pictures that SHE made and sent herself through email. It already got out of hand that the mother left a threatening voicemail to his sister. My question is, can I sue her for criminal conversation at least or with alienation of affection? Are there anything else I can use against her???
Please advise. Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure - head on over to the Philippines and have a consultation with an attorney (or lawyer or whatever) there.

Look - it's YOUR HUSBAND who you have to deal with. If he wanted this stuff to stop, it would.

pnay_909

Thanks for your reply.
Philippine law is different from US law. I live in the US and no interest of going to the philippines. My husband already ended the relationship in 2008 after he called her ( with me by his side and by speaker phone) and SHE admitted that she is the one who makes all advances and didnt want it to stop. Her mother made some threats by phone that they already filed a complaint to the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) when SHE was the one interfering with our relationship. I would definitely want to file a restraining order but it will not do any good . I am trying to find other ways or means to fight her back even is she is thousands of miles away. PLEASE HELP!

Zigner

Thanks for your reply.
Philippine law is different from US law. I live in the US and no interest of going to the philippines. My husband already ended the relationship in 2008 after he called her ( with me by his side and by speaker phone) and SHE admitted that she is the one who makes all advances and didnt want it to stop. Her mother made some threats by phone that they already filed a complaint to the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) when SHE was the one interfering with our relationship. I would definitely want to file a restraining order but it will not do any good . I am trying to find other ways or means to fight her back even is she is thousands of miles away. PLEASE HELP!
This is not a US Law question.

And, you really ought to take off the rose-colored glasses.

Proserpina

Thanks for your reply.
What do you think this will accomplish?

Seriously. If you genuinely want this episode to be over, drop it.

Even if you could sue her, what would that do, exactly? Do you seriously think you would be awarded anything that you could actually collect? Your husband would be dragged through the mud in exactly the same manner as his mistress; are you sure you want that?

Honestly, the person you'd be hurting most would be yourself.

Perky

If your husband wants it to stop, then he should change his email adress(es), phone number(s), and anything else she uses to contact him. :rolleyes:

pnay_909

What do you think this will accomplish?

Seriously. If you genuinely want this episode to be over, drop it.

Even if you could sue her, what would that do, exactly? Do you seriously think you would be awarded anything that you could actually collect? Your husband would be dragged through the mud in exactly the same manner as his mistress; are you sure you want that?

Honestly, the person you'd be hurting most would be yourself.
Thanks for the honest reply.
I have been quiet for the longest time regarding this issue and tried to move on with my life. All I wanted is peace and quiet within my family. Like I mentioned earlier, SHE has been the one making all advances and I have all the emails, texts that she sends to my husband to proove that. I do not want any $ from her. All I want right now is for her to STOP all this "fatal attraction" episodes. She has been harassing us (with the help of her family ) with all the threats. I cannot just let this go because my children are affected and even my innocent sister in law (who doesn't even know her) is getting all the phone threats. Once again Thank you!

Last edited:

Zigner

Thanks for the honest reply.
I have been quiet for the longest time regarding this issue and tried to move on with my life. All I wanted is peace and quiet within my family. Like I mentioned earlier, SHE has been the one making all advances and I have all the emails, texts that she sends to my husband to proove that. All I want right now is for her to STOP all this. She has been harassing us (with the help of her family ) with all the threats. I cannot just let this go because even my children are affected. Once again Thank you!
Change your numbers and email addresses.

You have no legal recourse (in this country).

pnay_909

If your husband wants it to stop, then he should change his email adress(es), phone number(s), and anything else she uses to contact him. :rolleyes:

he already did thats why she (along with her family) is trying to contact his sister and myself because they cannot reach him anymore. My sister in law doesnt even know her until this morning when she asked me who this person was. I am guessing they got her # and address through the net too as related to him. Thanks1

pnay_909

Change your numbers and email addresses.

You have no legal recourse (in this country).

If I cant do anything but to change our contact infos, My next question is if all the threats that they are making is true (which I am unsure at this time ), can they legally bring all them all here in the USA? I dont think they can since its out of jurisdiction but any advise can help. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">