• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legally divorced?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethco

I am in Arizona. But my questions involves Missouri. Have found out that my soon to be x-husband had his ex-wifes siganture forges on the divorce documents. His sister posed as his wife and signed them. His ex was in Texas at the time with their 3 children. When the divorce was finalized he went to Texas and took the kids. He had gotten custody without her knowing it. Are they legally divorced? Can she do anything about it now that she knows what happened 13 years ago? And what about my marriage to him?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bethco said:
I am in Arizona. But my questions involves Missouri. Have found out that my soon to be x-husband had his ex-wifes siganture forges on the divorce documents. His sister posed as his wife and signed them. His ex was in Texas at the time with their 3 children. When the divorce was finalized he went to Texas and took the kids. He had gotten custody without her knowing it. Are they legally divorced? Can she do anything about it now that she knows what happened 13 years ago? And what about my marriage to him?
My response:

This is way, way, way, too complicated to discuss (and write about) on a bulletin board. With all the "in's and out's" of this situation, I could write volumes concerning what the consequences are, and the state of your marriage (but I won't).

However, your points and concerns are valid and very important. Therefore, I suggest that you make an appointment with a Family law attorney in your area, as soon as possible.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

B

bethco

Sorry. I didn't mean to make things so confusing. I'll make it simpler for you. Divorce papers were forged. Is there a legitimate question as to the legitimacy of the divorce and can this be pursued after 13 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">