• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legally separated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dalmano

I live in Connecticut and I haven't slept in the same room with my husband for over 2 yrs now...am I considered legally separated in my state...does anyone out there know?

We also leave in a house that one of his family members owns,if i file for a divorce , do i have the right to stay in this house with my kids or will i have to move?
We both have the right to live in the house until we both die and then it goes to our children (according to the will).
Please advise!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dalmano said:
I live in Connecticut and I haven't slept in the same room with my husband for over 2 yrs now...am I considered legally separated in my state...does anyone out there know?

We also leave in a house that one of his family members owns,if i file for a divorce , do i have the right to stay in this house with my kids or will i have to move?
We both have the right to live in the house until we both die and then it goes to our children (according to the will).
Please advise!!!
My response:

Read this site, completely :

http://www.ct-divorce.com/

Also, in Connecticut, before you can get a divorce, you must be living "separate and apart" for a minumum of 18 months. So, you're still married and are NOT "legally separated" until a judge says you're "legally separated".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">