• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter to the Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmj377

What is the name of your state? fl
I had a hearing today with a new interim judge and an new attorney. I believe that the deck was stacked against me because of a former judgement made against me in another trial where I was not fairly represented. My new attorney doesn't realize how I was wronged either. This hearing lasted only 30 minutes and some key points were left out. Do I have the right to send a letter directly to the judge appealing to her to take some other info. into consideration, before she rushes to a decision? Help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sure. Just begin the letter with, "Dear Your Greatness, your Holiness:"

Seriously, NO you cannot send a letter to the judge. You're represented by counsel. So, the only "pleadings" the judge will read is from YOUR ATTORNEY, not you. Your personal letter will be trashed, and not considered.

If you feel that a re-hearing is necessary, and that you have NEW facts to warrent a NEW hearing, then your attorney will need to write, sign, and file that request with the court.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">