• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life partner dies and I get evicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psdinsmore

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wyoming
I lived with Jack for 3 years, he was also my boss! He passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago. Hours after his death family members kicked me out of our home, with only my clothes, took house and work keys. I was terminated as manager of the bar Jack owned in the same moment. We were a couple. He had a wife, seperated 8 years, a daughter living in another state. They took my possessions and most of Jack's to the dump, so I cna not get them returned and will not pay me for my work. Is there anything I can do? no home no money, no job and only my clothes. house was only in jack's name
Sheriff was there then but says they were legally wrong, I have no money to hire an attorney. .

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? wyoming
I lived with Jack for 3 years, he was also my boss! He passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago. Hours after his death family members kicked me out of our home, with only my clothes, took house and work keys. I was terminated as manager of the bar Jack owned in the same moment. We were a couple. He had a wife, seperated 8 years, a daughter living in another state. They took my possessions and most of Jack's to the dump, so I cna not get them returned and will not pay me for my work. Is there anything I can do? no home no money, no job and only my clothes. house was only in jack's name
Sheriff was there then but says they were legally wrong, I have no money to hire an attorney. .
You could see for illegal eviction but quite frankly you are due NOTHING as Jack had a wife. You can sue also for your possessions which were illegally disposed of. You own NOTHING of Jack's and are entitled to nothing unless Jack had a will in which he left you something. You could also sue for any wages you can prove are owed to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">