• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loop Hole? What can be done to make our dream come true?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justlove

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

First off please pass no judgment. I am here for some direction and guidance and legal assistance free or paid. My story is not going to sit well with some so if you are condemning please move forward to the next post.

The situation is as follows. I was with a women 20+ years ago. I worked allot and she strayed while I worked. She had numerous affairs but since we lived together she still came home slept in the same bed etc... This went on for along time. It turned out she ended up pregnant during one of the times she left me for another guy but still live at my house. She seen this guy for over a month and was sexually active with him. During this time she was with him she got pregnant. The caveat here i slept with her ONCE during her month and a half trist with this guy. After the trist fell through she told me how sorry she was and that she was pregnant and it was mine. Well there is a very very very small chance it was mine since I did sleep with her once but I seriously doubted it as she was on birth control when I slept with her and she ran out when she was sleeping with him for over a month and she never got the birth control refilled. Long into short here, I decided I wanted to try and make it work with her. I was with her already and she lived with me and now she was pregnant and had no where to go. I stayed with her during her pregnancy and she had the baby and even though I was 99% positive the baby was not mine I signed my name to the birth certificate.

I helped her raise the baby always been distant not very involved with the baby because I knew I was raising someone else's baby. But I still provided. Many many years latter we got divorced because she still was cheating, lying and now stealing. Last 5 years we were together she was hardly around.

Now here is where the odd part comes in that I need help with. It turns out during my hard times with the divorce and everything I went through the last few years. Me and her daughter got close. We have been together as a couple for awhile now and have fallen deeply in love. We want to get married and I want to adopt her kids and we want to raise the family together as husband and wife. Problem is the women I am in love with, I signed my name to her birth certificate when she was born. So legally the system see us as father and daughter which is not true in reality just on paper. But still prevents us from getting a marriage license.

We need help and advise on how we can legally get married. What can we do to make it so we are no longer viewed as father and daughter to the legal system so we can get our marriage license and make our dreams come true. There has to be a way. There has to be! HELP PLEASE!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

First off please pass no judgment. I am here for some direction and guidance and legal assistance free or paid. My story is not going to sit well with some so if you are condemning please move forward to the next post.

The situation is as follows. I was with a women 20+ years ago. I worked allot and she strayed while I worked. She had numerous affairs but since we lived together she still came home slept in the same bed etc... This went on for along time. It turned out she ended up pregnant during one of the times she left me for another guy but still live at my house. She seen this guy for over a month and was sexually active with him. During this time she was with him she got pregnant. The caveat here i slept with her ONCE during her month and a half trist with this guy. After the trist fell through she told me how sorry she was and that she was pregnant and it was mine. Well there is a very very very small chance it was mine since I did sleep with her once but I seriously doubted it as she was on birth control when I slept with her and she ran out when she was sleeping with him for over a month and she never got the birth control refilled. Long into short here, I decided I wanted to try and make it work with her. I was with her already and she lived with me and now she was pregnant and had no where to go. I stayed with her during her pregnancy and she had the baby and even though I was 99% positive the baby was not mine I signed my name to the birth certificate.

I helped her raise the baby always been distant not very involved with the baby because I knew I was raising someone else's baby. But I still provided. Many many years latter we got divorced because she still was cheating, lying and now stealing. Last 5 years we were together she was hardly around.

Now here is where the odd part comes in that I need help with. It turns out during my hard times with the divorce and everything I went through the last few years. Me and her daughter got close. We have been together as a couple for awhile now and have fallen deeply in love. We want to get married and I want to adopt her kids and we want to raise the family together as husband and wife. Problem is the women I am in love with, I signed my name to her birth certificate when she was born. So legally the system see us as father and daughter which is not true in reality just on paper. But still prevents us from getting a marriage license.

We need help and advise on how we can legally get married. What can we do to make it so we are no longer viewed as father and daughter to the legal system so we can get our marriage license and make our dreams come true. There has to be a way. There has to be! HELP PLEASE!
There is no way that is going to happen. YOU are going to go to prison however. Incest is a crime. This child is LEGALLY your child. You will never be able to marry her. YOU will however be able to spend many years incarcerated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The law:

Current through P.L. 293-2013

§ 35-46-1-3. [Effective Until 7/1/2014] Incest

(a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with another person, when the person knows that the other person is related to the person biologically as a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, commits incest, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if the other person is less than sixteen (16) years of age.

(b) It is a defense that the accused person's otherwise incestuous relation with the other person was based on their marriage, if it was valid where entered into.

Cite as IC 35-46-1-3

You have no proof that you are not biologically related. NOR are you going to be able to disestablish paternity at this late date. Hence you are always going to be this girl's father.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
... so if you are condemning please move forward to the next post.
No, I will not. You are sick. I mean that from a clinical standpoint. This is YOUR DAUGHTER. She is now, what, 19 or 20 years old? The best thing for you to do is to move far away and leave your child alone.

Ladyback1

ummmm...have you considered that 1% you aren't sure about (you said you were 99% sure it wasn't YOUR daughter)?

That would mean, you are having sexual relations with your biological daughter.

Regardless of that: in the eyes of the legal system, you are her father because you signed the birth certificate.

You have convinced the daughter, your daughter, and yourself that all of this is okie-dokey.

You need to seek professional mental help--and so does the daughter.
And you need to leave the girl alone! Immediately, if not sooner.

justlove

The law:

Current through P.L. 293-2013

§ 35-46-1-3. [Effective Until 7/1/2014] Incest

(a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or older who engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct with another person, when the person knows that the other person is related to the person biologically as a parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, commits incest, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if the other person is less than sixteen (16) years of age.

(b) It is a defense that the accused person's otherwise incestuous relation with the other person was based on their marriage, if it was valid where entered into.

Cite as IC 35-46-1-3

You have no proof that you are not biologically related. NOR are you going to be able to disestablish paternity at this late date. Hence you are always going to be this girl's father.
I asked for no judgement. It is against the law to have oral sex in our state as well. I'm sure plenty of people break this law daily. I am not asking if this is a violation of a law. I am asking for help in continuing a loving relationship. You are so quick to condemn what is unknown to you. Lawyers represent and defend murderers and other horribly crimes without a problem. I ask for assistance to help with a loving relationship where no one is getting hurt and I am a bad guy? Seriously you do not know me. All we want to do is live our life happily and legally without problems. Which is why we are seeking legal help to do this right. It was a mistake to sign the birth certificate of someone I knew was not my own but i thought it would save our relationship which it didn't. Never the less please leave your rude comments to your self and if you can not provide and advise please don't provide anything then. WE ARE NOT BAD PEOPLE. You would think with all the horrid criminals lawyers defend daily trying to get them freedom from acts they committed against people you could help people who are not hurting anyone in any way.

RRevak

I asked for no judgement. It is against the law to have oral sex in our state as well. I'm sure plenty of people break this law daily. I am not asking if this is a violation of a law. I am asking for help in continuing a loving relationship. You are so quick to condemn what is unknown to you. Lawyers represent and defend murderers and other horribly crimes without a problem. I ask for assistance to help with a loving relationship where no one is getting hurt and I am a bad guy? Seriously you do not know me. All we want to do is live our life happily and legally without problems. Which is why we are seeking legal help to do this right. It was a mistake to sign the birth certificate of someone I knew was not my own but i thought it would save our relationship which it didn't. Never the less please leave your rude comments to your self and if you can not provide and advise please don't provide anything then. WE ARE NOT BAD PEOPLE. You would think with all the horrid criminals lawyers defend daily trying to get them freedom from acts they committed against people you could help people who are not hurting anyone in any way.
Have you ever even taken a paternity test to 100% rule out that she is NOT actually your daughter? Seriously, if you haven't then you REALLY REALLY NEED to...like, yesterday! Because what would the two of you do if she turned out to actually BE your biological child?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no legal way you can ever have what you want to happen, happen. The law simply does not provide for it. You cannot ever undo signing her birth certificate. You are legally her father and there are no loopholes that are going to allow you to marry your legal daughter.

Simply. Will. Not. Happen.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are not getting judgment from me. I GAVE YOU FACTS. You are going to be incarcerated if you continue this. Incest is considered abuse. You don't know she is not your daughter. YOU had sex with her mother about the time she conceived. And birth control fails all the time. You then were placed on the birth certificate and at the time of your divorce you did NOT ask to disestablish paternity. You are this girl's LEGAL FATHER. You cannot disestablish paternity at this point. You are her father. And the oral sex argument fails. It is nowhere near the same thing.

justlove

Have you ever even taken a paternity test to 100% rule out that she is NOT actually your daughter? Seriously, if you haven't then you REALLY REALLY NEED to...like, yesterday! Because what would the two of you do if she turned out to actually BE your biological child?
Yes actually we have. The one you get from the pharmacy and send it in to the lab. We are not biologically connected.

Ladyback1

You raised this girl as your own. You were and still are her father. You manipulated the situation to suit you.
How old is the girl? How old are you? How old was she when you began having sexual relations? How long did you "groom" her to take over for her mother? Have you taken a DNA test to determine if you are actually her bio dad? And if you are her bio dad will that change your thoughts/feelings on this matter? You mention raising her kids, who is the father of the children? And, lastly: is one of the kids a girl? How long before you fall in love with that girl?

(I've worked with sexual offenders/predators---and your rationalizations are exactly the ones I heard from the sexual offenders. So, yeah, you have some issues!)

Ladyback1

And legally he is the girl's father and will never be able to marry her in this country regardless of biology.
Oh, I agree.

It makes me ill to think of just how long he groomed this girl, and how he manipulated her to believe, that this is all ok!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">