• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

loseing my baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

packershooter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? utah
I am eighteen years old my girl friends is sisteen and we have a four month old baby together i was wondering what can she do as far as trying not to leave the state with her family they are all trying to move them two away from me they dont want me in my daughters life or my girl friends i am just trying to figure out what to do can she just come move in with me or what can she do

CourtClerk

You can file a lawsuit to establish paternity, visitation and custody. However.... seeing as if she is only a 16 year old child, it is quite likely that a judge is going to allow her parents to relocate her (and the child) because 16 year olds are generally unable to support themselves, and no court in the world will emancipate a 16 year old who has already proven herself irresponsible.

cyjeff

Allow me to add that no matter whether or not paternity is established, you will have no access to the mother unless HER mother and father say so.

She is a minor. She associates with whomever her parents allow her to.

Apparently, they don't think the guy that knocked her up is very good for her.

Tough to argue with that....

packershooter

it is not that they dont want me to marrie her or nothing the whole reason they dont want me around is cause i do not belvie in the church as much as they want me to so that is their way of saying thats what happens when you dont go to church

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
it is not that they dont want me to marrie her or nothing the whole reason they dont want me around is cause i do not belvie in the church as much as they want me to so that is their way of saying thats what happens when you dont go to church
It doesn't matter if the reason is they didn't like the color of your shoes on the day they met you. Their word is law.

cyjeff

Legal.

Parents don't have to like you because they don't like the way your nose separates your eyes.

Knocking up their daughter is certainly a check in the "minus" column.

You've already been given the proper advice. File in Court for Visitation and everything else. Be prepared to begin paying Child Support. It's not her parents responsibility to provide for your child.

Do this BEFORE they move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">