• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loss of Consortium

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wachapp

Alabama - When my wife and I met she was working for a company as a clerk and about a year later was promoted to the owners personal administrative assistant. She worked in
that position for about another year and we married. The relationship was building into a great marriage in every way. Three days after returning from our honeymoon she was discharged. She was told that her loyality was in question and she couldn't be trusted. Her employer had intrusted her with so many personal tasks like taking care of his underage girlfriends that the question of loyality was ludricous. She was devastated. Her intergrity had never been in question. She fell into a depression and shut down her emotional responses in the marriage. Sex became a less and less frequent portion of the relationship we were trying to build. Her frustration level with everything increased as a raging battle filled her thoughts. Often she will drift off into dream like states and have to touched to bring her back to reality. She has not been able to gain meaningful employment since. We have dicovered that she was "blacklisted" by her employer and he threateded all of her friends she's made at the Company with termination if they talked to her socially away from work. Our marriage is in shambles and teetering on divorce as we enter a second round of counselling. Based on this information and Alabama Law, do you believe I have a Claim for Loss of Consortium against her previous employer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have posted your question(s) on the wrong Board. This is the Family Law Board. Please go back to the "Forum Page" and post this to the Employment - Hiring / Firing Law Board.

Thanks.

IAAL

W

wachapp

This question has to do with my loss of a personal relationship due to actions of another individual. Why should this be applied to Employment Hiring/Firing. I was not the employee. The company policies did not directly effect me. My loss is secondary to the actions in employment hiring firing practices. Please be specific where on this Board I should Post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">