• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lower support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

therickman

Minnesota. Joint legal and physical. The Judgment and Decree states:"The Res shall pay the Pet, as and for child support $350 per month etc...At such time as child support is reviewed because of Res. move from the state of Minnesota, said child support shall be retroactive to the date of the move." She was earning $50k and I $35K at divorce April 2000. She quite her job in MINN in June and moved to MASS and started a new job in MASS for $35K in Nov. (I'm now at $31K). She wants to lower her support payment. If I disagree, and I do, what is the court likely to say about the support issue? Thanks. Rick

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

therickman said:
Minnesota. Joint legal and physical. The Judgment and Decree states:"The Res shall pay the Pet, as and for child support $350 per month etc...At such time as child support is reviewed because of Res. move from the state of Minnesota, said child support shall be retroactive to the date of the move." She was earning $50k and I $35K at divorce April 2000. She quite her job in MINN in June and moved to MASS and started a new job in MASS for $35K in Nov. (I'm now at $31K). She wants to lower her support payment. If I disagree, and I do, what is the court likely to say about the support issue? Thanks. Rick

With everything else being equal; i.e., child's needs have remained the same, then in the absense of an extreme change in circumstances, the court would, under this set of facts will undoubtedly tell her, "Get a better paying job. It's not your child's fault that you moved and took a lower paying job. Support amount remains unchanged. Petition for reduction denied."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">