• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LRP in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbernice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I am trying to add myself to the health insurance benefits of my domestic partner offered by his company. However, we are asked to supply proof of our partnership (legally recognized partnership). I can't find a website that even mentions this document, if it is a document, I need some help. We were not asked for this in the past (Virginia). Any info would be interested.
Thank you!

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I am trying to add myself to the health insurance benefits of my domestic partner offered by his company. However, we are asked to supply proof of our partnership (legally recognized partnership). I can't find a website that even mentions this document, if it is a document, I need some help. We were not asked for this in the past (Virginia). Any info would be interested.
Thank you!
You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

Common Law Marriage in Virginia

bbernice

more of LRP in Virginia

I'm confused. There is no such thing as a registered domestic partnership? I have not heard of it, but a well known corporation is asking for it. What should we do, go to the company?

FarmerJ

Ask the firm for more information as to what they will permit as proof? like if you had domestic partnership contracts in place regarding wills, property, medical concerns, joint accounts for a long time ? did the two of you ever have a holy union ceremony ? If so and you have a certificate from it will the firm accept that? You didnt say one way or the other, but if you are a hetro couple that contract called marriage would take care of the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">