• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marital House Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

taylor2001

I moved out from my home in Florida and my husband is still living at the house until it's sold. He has been bringing some guest at the house and he won't even let me in anymore. I want to know if this is legal for him to do this. Also, he is the listing agent of our home and I don't know if he is really trying hard to sell it. While at the mean time he has full enjoyment of our home.

Thank you, I would really appreciate any responses.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

taylor2001 said:
I moved out from my home in Florida and my husband is still living at the house until it's sold. He has been bringing some guest at the house and he won't even let me in anymore. I want to know if this is legal for him to do this. Also, he is the listing agent of our home and I don't know if he is really trying hard to sell it. While at the mean time he has full enjoyment of our home.

Thank you, I would really appreciate any responses.
My response:

Unless you (or he) has filed for a dissolution of your marriage, there is nothing to force him to sell the home. File your Petition for Divorce so that you can obtain Orders of the court allowing you to exercise your rights to the property.

It's time to see an attorney for representation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">