• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mnemosyne

Personally, I'm all for it!

Did you have a question (which the forum may have eaten when you previewed your post? terribly sorry about that...)?

tenos

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
State of Florida. My daughter is getting married to a man that has a foreclosure on a home and child support. Is her finances at risk from his past and what can she do to protect her finances?

Silverplum

State of Florida. My daughter is getting married to a man that has a foreclosure on a home and child support. Is her finances at risk from his past and what can she do to protect her finances?
She can keep her money separate from his till he gets his money situation straightened out. Separate bank accounts, at least.

And you can keep your nose out of your "adult child's" business. :cool:

safetyforlife

No sharing of Bank A/c or giving any clues on how much money/property does she have by her own or even from her family should be totally restricted and first i think she should try to learn how much exactly does her husband have in his pocket and what is his nature of spending those money and all etc

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well... we know he didn't pay his mortgage. How about his child support? My concern for my daughter would be in choosing to marry a deadbeat. For a host of reasons.

Yes, she will make her choices. But if this were MY child? I would talk to her about the ramifications. And then step back and accept her choices.

Bethy

She can keep her money separate from his till he gets his money situation straightened out. Separate bank accounts, at least.

And you can keep your nose out of your "adult child's" business. :cool:

I am not a legal expert, but I WISH I knew some stuff before I got married 5 years ago (blended marriage) so while keeping her nose out of her adult child's business, there are some things that should be done. Yes, keep everything separate, but:
1. make sure both, BOTH have a credit report done on them before any vows and each is privy to see the others.
2. Pre-nup, pre-nup, pre-nup - including retirement funds & pets

Love does NOT replace trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">