• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marriage and Future Spouses Bad Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpinciaro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH
Can Ii get married to an individual who has bad debt and owes the IRS back taxes without his debt problems becoming mine? I own a home and other assets, can I protect these assets from his debt collectors since I purchased these items on my own as a single person? I have good credit and want to maintain it.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH
Can Ii get married to an individual who has bad debt and owes the IRS back taxes without his debt problems becoming mine? I own a home and other assets, can I protect these assets from his debt collectors since I purchased these items on my own as a single person? I have good credit and want to maintain it.
Never comingle ANY of your financial information with your spouse's. No joint accounts. No joint credit. No joint purchases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">