• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marriage in mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robob77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi, what is the Texas´ law where says, than don´t recognize the foreigns marriages ?

I have this question because in Houston Texas, don´t want to legalize my marriage in Mexico and nobody wants to explain this.

They told to my wife, than we need to marry again in Texas.
Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks.

TinkerBelleLuvr

For a wedding to be "legal" in Mexico, if you have a church wedding, you must also have a civil wedding. Did you do BOTH in Mexico?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi, what is the Texas´ law where says, than don´t recognize the foreigns marriages ?

I have this question because in Houston Texas, don´t want to legalize my marriage in Mexico and nobody wants to explain this.

They told to my wife, than we need to marry again in Texas.
Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks.
If you were legally married in Mexico, then you are also legally married in the US.
Now, its possible, due to immigration issues that you might have to marry in the US again, but that has nothing to do with whether or not you are legally married. It just has to do with immigration issues.

Some people who legally marry in another country, choose to bring their spouses over on a fiance visa rather than a spouse visa, and then get married again here. Its an immigation "quirk". However a legal marriage in any foreign country is legally recoginized here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">