• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is marriage void or legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

steprealmom

We live in Michigan. This is both our second marriages or at least we thought so. My husband and I are starting the annulment process through the Catholic Church. They needed copies of our first marriages licenses. Mine was OK but here is the catch my husband went to get his and the county has on record only the application with big hand writing on it "License never returned". We have a copy of this. He and his first wife got married by a Catholic priest outside (not in church building). My husband also doesn't believe the priest logged the marriage in the church parish records. This priest was a friend of his ex-wife. He is looking into that now. Leagally were they ever married? How did his first wife get a driver's license and social security card with the married name if the marriage license was never logged with the county and presummably not the state? He has already obviously also gone through a divorce does any of this affect that?

D

dorfman

This is why lawyers cost so much money...

YOU have this overwhelming NEED to be married.

So its gonna cost ya to find out

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">