• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married out of country and want to get divorce!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mirage047

From Michigan: married in Egypt, husband is in Egypt, he has never been to the states and want to get this unconsummated marriage undone, nil, divorced. What advise can you give me on this matter? Default of marriage...is the way I want to go?

LegalBeagle

Mirage047 said:
From Michigan: married in Egypt, husband is in Egypt, he has never been to the states and want to get this unconsummated marriage undone, nil, divorced. What advise can you give me on this matter? Default of marriage...is the way I want to go?
You retain an attorney and file for divorce in MI. You send him papers to sign. If he refuses, you proceed without him and you end up getting a divorce by default.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">