• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Married with Sole Custody and Trying to Move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GarrettH

I found your website while looking for a lawyer for information on Child Custody and moving. Me and my Fiance, soon to be wife, live in New York. My Fiance has sole custody and placement with her one and only child of 5 years. She is trying to join the Air Force and we would like to know if it is possible to even attempt to make this decision and if so how we go about taking this issue to court. The child is very close to me and considers me his (real dad) and is also very attached to his mother. I myself am a former Marine and have never been in any trouble with the law and has always maintained employment and the biological father just got off of parole for selling drugs with prior charges that ended up with 2 orders of protection against his own son that has now expired. We feel that the any court would find it reasonable that we maintain custody but neither of us know the actual law. Thank you for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">