• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marrying someone from another country.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

googyjames

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland (Montgomery County).

My girlfriend is from the th phillipeans. Her work visa ran out. Her employer (she is a nanny) has a lawyer and has filled a pettion on her behalf. We would like to get married. This is in no way something to do with her wanting to be married for citizenship. We want to spend the rest of our lives togther. What do we have to do to be married legally? We live in Mongomery County, Maryland.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland (Montgomery County).

My girlfriend is from the th phillipeans. Her work visa ran out. Her employer (she is a nanny) has a lawyer and has filled a pettion on her behalf. We would like to get married. This is in no way something to do with her wanting to be married for citizenship. We want to spend the rest of our lives togther. What do we have to do to be married legally? We live in Mongomery County, Maryland.

Check the requirements of the local court-house to see what you need.

(For example - I got married in MD, before I became a legal permanent resident; all I needed was photo ID).

ecmst12

If her employer is going to take care of her visa issues, you can just get married. If you want to sponsor her, you need to understand ALL that entails and be able to afford it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">