• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

maternity leave for fathers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peter11

I live in Washington but the mother of my unborn child lives in another state. I have only been working at my current job for a few months. However, am I legally entitled to a leave of absence from my job to go be at the birth of my child, even if it is unpaid? I know that it would be against the law for a company to fire a mother for being pregnant or having a child and they are required to give her leave. Do the same or similar laws protect fathers as well? Please help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Peter11 said:
I live in Washington but the mother of my unborn child lives in another state. I have only been working at my current job for a few months. However, am I legally entitled to a leave of absence from my job to go be at the birth of my child, even if it is unpaid? I know that it would be against the law for a company to fire a mother for being pregnant or having a child and they are required to give her leave. Do the same or similar laws protect fathers as well? Please help.
My response:

Read this :

http://www.dol.gov/dol/esa/public/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs28.htm

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">