• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medicade Fraud / Elder Care Fraud / Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan2006

An elderly woman's daughter and other siblings are hiding the assets of their mother from the government. They say they are doing this so they can eventually get to the money once their mother dies. The woman is in a nursing home and Medicade is paying the entire cost of the nursing home.

Bssically, the woman's adult children are hiding their mother's assets so the government can't get to it. I also know that one of the adult children put at least $175,000 into a new account....the $175,000 coming from her mother - who is totally unaware that this was done. The adult child told the IRS (reported the money as earnings in 2005) that she earned the money from a separate business, when in actuallity the money is really her mother's. Is this federal fraud? The woman's daughter even paid the taxes ($58,000) with money from the new account.

Can the adult child get into legal trouble from hiding her mother's assets. The nursing home is being cheated out of the money and so is the government. At least that's what I would think.

I appreciate any and all input.

Regards,

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">