• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are Minors Liable Their Past Medical Bills After Their Mom Died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tenelks

We live in Oregon and my sister passd away on May 15th 2001.
I have guardianship of her two boys ages 14 and 16. They were 13 and 15 when their mom died. Lately, I have been getting medical bills for treatments back in December and Feburary and they are billed directly to my nephews. Are they liable for these bills. If these are not paid will their credit be ruined.
If the bills were billed to my sister, I do not think they would be liable. It is also important to note that my sister died pennyless and did not have an estate worth more than a couple hundered dollars. The bills are not that much but still money is tight. Let me know what to do.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The thrust of your post concerns the payment of medical bills, and who's responsible for their payment. This is the Family law board. Please copy and paste your post to the Credit & Collections law board.

Thanks.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">