• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missing aunt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

faith01

how can i find if my aunt is still alive? last residence N.Y. we haven't heard from her in a year (only birthday cards et al) phone no longer in service sent police but no one answers the door.Her 2nd. husband of 20 yrs. was never close to our family or his own and never held a steady job.all correspondence from her has stopped.he forged her signature on last rtn.rcpt. letter sent.He had her use her power of attorney for my grandma to clean out bank accounts without grandmas consent.grandma doesn't want to prosecute her.We are all respectful of grandmas wishes but are really scared something is wrong.Police position is we can't make her talk to us ,but we suspect foul play. My grandpa was living with them,they never notified us or granma he was ill,he died in hosp.and body was donated to science! not even a funeral.grandma is in nursing home asking us to help find my aunt.My aunt suffers from panic/anxiety attacks and is on meds.it's not Her personality to do the things that are going onThis is why we are all so concerned Please help by giving us an idea of how to establish her wellbeing

U

Ukiah

faith01 said:
how can i find if my aunt is still alive?

does someone have access to her social security number? Do a realtive serch on her using USSearch.com they'll need her maiden name, and birthday, etc.

HAve you filed a missing persons report in the county where she lives? Has someone went to her house physically?

F

faith01

more info.missingaunt(response)

thanks for your reply. we did go to home=no response,they are not answering for NYPD either.Since mail is being collected nypd thinks she just doesn't want contact with family and aren't offering assistance.we don't have ss#either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">