• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Friend, Family won't talk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Glamarche

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I have a friend I have known more than 30 years. Last July (2014), I dropped him off after he spent a weekend at my home. He has not been heard from since. Myself, and another close friend of Bill's have been trying to contact his family. We were able to reach out to one of his brothers who by the way has been trying for years to place bill in a hospital (mental health). That said, the response we received months ago from Bill's brother is that Bill is safe and won't provide any other information. Bill was seeing a therapist on his own and we highly doubt Bill needed to be hospitalized knowing him for the number of years we have. It is our fear that Bills brother somehow got him involuntarily admitted. Mind you Bill’s brother is very controlling and had his wife hospitalized in the past. That said, we are trying to find out what our legal rights are in locating our friend? He has many friends that are concerned outside myself. Bill lived in Haverhill Mass. I live in Pelham NH.

Thank you,

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I have a friend I have known more than 30 years. Last July (2014), I dropped him off after he spent a weekend at my home. He has not been heard from since. Myself, and another close friend of Bill's have been trying to contact his family. We were able to reach out to one of his brothers who by the way has been trying for years to place bill in a hospital (mental health). That said, the response we received months ago from Bill's brother is that Bill is safe and won't provide any other information. Bill was seeing a therapist on his own and we highly doubt Bill needed to be hospitalized knowing him for the number of years we have. It is our fear that Bills brother somehow got him involuntarily admitted. Mind you Bill’s brother is very controlling and had his wife hospitalized in the past. That said, we are trying to find out what our legal rights are in locating our friend? He has many friends that are concerned outside myself. Bill lived in Haverhill Mass. I live in Pelham NH.

Thank you,
You have no legal right to know the whereabouts of your friend. It doesn't sound to me like you're concerned with any criminal foul play here, but if you are, then call the police in Haverhill and speak with them. Beyond that, you could hire PI or head to Haverhill yourself to try to figure things out.

Glamarche

You have no legal right to know the whereabouts of your friend. It doesn't sound to me like you're concerned with any criminal foul play here, but if you are, then call the police in Haverhill and speak with them. Beyond that, you could hire PI or head to Haverhill yourself to try to figure things out.
I was afraid that would be the answer. We think he has been involuntarily committed. Bill had voiced his concern about his brothers intentions on several occasions and was afraid that he would try to commit him. Very sad that everyone that cares about Bill is being ignored. Bill's family was never there for him mainly because of his sexual orientation. Apparently some people live in Disney Land (in their minds anyway). Bill's brother is loaded and knows many people in high positions. It was easy for him to have his wife committed. Once that took place and the red tape for her to free herself has given her a bad reputation. Talk about a legal loophole to remove someone from your life. Money = power. Just wrong!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was afraid that would be the answer. We think he has been involuntarily committed. Bill had voiced his concern about his brothers intentions on several occasions and was afraid that he would try to commit him. Very sad that everyone that cares about Bill is being ignored. Bill's family was never there for him mainly because of his sexual orientation. Apparently some people live in Disney Land (in their minds anyway). Bill's brother is loaded and knows many people in high positions. It was easy for him to have his wife committed. Once that took place and the red tape for her to free herself has given her a bad reputation. Talk about a legal loophole to remove someone from your life. Money = power. Just wrong!
It's not so simple to have somebody committed against their will.

Disneyland has no problem with a person's sexual orientation.

Just Blue

Thank you,
Go to the Haverhill P.D. and report your concerns.

Just Blue

Everything you are stating is ...off. If you are TRULY worried about your friend...go to the Haverhill Police. REPORT it. Very few people in Massachusetts gives a flying flock about who people sleep with.

Good Luck to you and I hope you find your friend. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">