• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to modify custodian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daffy0058

My 14 year old daughter lives in Colorado with her father and I live in Texas. We have Joint Legal Custody of our 2 children our son is 12. My daughter 14 would like to live with me and always has. Her father feels that he has the say in where she should live because she is with him and he believes she does not have a say in the matter until she is 18 years old. What do I do, and how do I go about it, I want my daughter and my son, but at this time it is only my daughter who is speaking out, and stating who she would like to be with. He also feels that he can tell me when I am going to see my children and when not, he is not followin the divorce decree at all. He feels he has the children and he calls the shots.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">