• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modify custody

• Thread starter desperate for legal info
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desperate for legal info

I am asking this from IN. I posted a question before and did not get any replies. Hmmm??
Here is my next question.
My husband and I are dealing with the court system and CHINS. He is doing what the court tells him and is routinely picking the kids up for visitation. The mother is what the CHINS decision was based on. (Educational Neglect started it) and by this fall the year marker will be upon us. Then the DFC will make decisions. We would like to have child custody modified so my husband and I would get custody and she would get visitation. They (my husband and the kids mother were never married, but he has visitation) Right now the kids are with her mother and stepgrandfather (temporary placement) We have a lawyer and she is telling us to be the good guys and let things fall were they will and possibly they will be placed with us. The counseling center tells my husband that if the mother gets rehabilitated then she will eventually get them back. Right now she has a job but no place for the kids to live and she also likes to party and drink. She has made it appear to the shrinks that her drinking is not habitual or a major problem although we know it is and can be. What can we do???? Should we try to modify custody before the CHINS decision is made this fall? Right now we feel we are dealing with the county's money making plan. My husband is a good father and we love those kids and want them to live a stable life. We feel the grandparents adversity and resentment toward us because they know we can provide that and they want them (the kids) to stay at their home.
Please help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">