• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother & Abusive Son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LegalMatrix

Greetings.

I am here because I know of a person that is in need of dire help.

Here is the situation:

There was a mother living in her house by herself in Michigan. She decides to pick up her son from a different state & bring him back to her house to live with him. Time goes by as the son verbally abuses & torments his mother. The mother loves her son so much & just cannot muster up the courage to kick him out or call the authorities.
So the mother quickly makes a close friends house her new home leaving the son to do what he pleases with her original home.
The son decides to trash the house & frequently calls his mother to verbally assault her. (For example: He called his mother & destroyed an object in the house, making sure the mother can hear the noise over the phone, & informs the mother that the noise was her 'what ever the item was' being broke.).

Again, she still loves her son & will not call the authorities.

I heard from somewhere that it would even be hard legally to get him out of the house. I don't really believe that, but please help!

Any information regarding how to get this man out of her house safely & legally would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

-LegalMatrix/Help

Proserpina

Greetings.

I am here because I know of a person that is in need of dire help.

Here is the situation:

There was a mother living in her house by herself in Michigan. She decides to pick up her son from a different state & bring him back to her house to live with him. Time goes by as the son verbally abuses & torments his mother. The mother loves her son so much & just cannot muster up the courage to kick him out or call the authorities.
So the mother quickly makes a close friends house her new home leaving the son to do what he pleases with her original home.
The son decides to trash the house & frequently calls his mother to verbally assault her. (For example: He called his mother & destroyed an object in the house, making sure the mother can hear the noise over the phone, & informs the mother that the noise was her 'what ever the item was' being broke.).

Again, she still loves her son & will not call the authorities.

I heard from somewhere that it would even be hard legally to get him out of the house. I don't really believe that, but please help!

Any information regarding how to get this man out of her house safely & legally would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

-LegalMatrix/Help

Please have her sign up herself.

Thanks!

OHRoadwarrior

Talk to a lawyer about an order for protection. You can also do it yourself.

http://www.mncourts.gov/default.aspx?page=513&category=242

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.748

Last edited:

LegalMatrix

Talk to a lawyer about an order for protection. You can also do it yourself.

http://www.mncourts.gov/default.aspx?page=513&category=242

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.748
Thank you very much sir.

edited: Those sites can be made for Michigan as well?
thank you again

Proserpina

Thank you very much sir.

edited: Those sites can be made for Michigan as well?
thank you again

(I have no idea why OH pulled up the Minn. statutes)

Yes, google Michigan restraining order or similar.

Frankly though if Momma isn't willing to act, there's virtually nothing to be done.

OHRoadwarrior

(I have no idea why OH pulled up the Minn. statutes)

Yes, google Michigan restraining order or similar.

Frankly though if Momma isn't willing to act, there's virtually nothing to be done.
He misread the post...
Here is Michigan

http://courts.michigan.gov/scao/selfhelp/protection/ppo_help.htm

nextwife

So MOm, why have you been allowing this creep of a "child" to continue to believe he should not face consequences for any hurtful, abusive, vandalous or dangerous actions he chooses to engage in? Why is society left to be stuck with a maniac that you've refused to properly parent? Do you own this house free and clear? If not, YOU need to be responsible enough to protect the property from "waste", because that is what you agreed to do when you took on a financed property.

This is really a simple eviction matter if you really want him out (is he a legal adult?) - contact an eviction attorney and have it done properly- 30 day notice in accordance with state landlord tenant laws. If you percieve a personal threat, you should have had HIM removed by restraining order.

If a minor, you may need to report his violent acts and get him into residential treatment, and deal with this differently. This sicko needs mental health help and soon. You are doing NOBODY (including him) any good by letting him think he is free to do whatever he wishes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">