• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother/child leaving husband and moving out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrljfeind

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virgina.

Could anyone direct me to more information regarding a mother taking her child, moving out and leaving her husband. I am searching for info regarding how she can be protected by the law and what the rules state for such a situation. Thank you very much.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virgina.

Could anyone direct me to more information regarding a mother taking her child, moving out and leaving her husband. I am searching for info regarding how she can be protected by the law and what the rules state for such a situation. Thank you very much.
Protected in what way??

The laws state that both parents have equal rights to the child.

Proserpina

OP, you're going to have to give a bit more detail, because several factors can influence how much she is legally protected.

Are you the wife?

mrljfeind

I am not the wife. I am a friend of the wife. She is in a terrible situation and needs to get out in order to finish school and for lack of better words keep her sanity. She asked if she could move in with me with her child. I wanted to know more info regarding how legal this is, and when she files separation and then divorce papers how this would influence custody of the child.

Thanks for all your quick replies

mrljfeind

As far as more information. I do not know what info you need. Please ask and I will do my best to provide you with what you need to know in order to get better advice.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You need to tell your friend to come and post here. No one here is going to play 20 questions with you and then wait while you run off to get the answers from her.

mrljfeind

I have the answers to your questions. There is no need to play twenty questions. I just need to know what you want to know. Do you want the whole story, or do you want specific details?

Just Blue

I have the answers to your questions. There is no need to play twenty questions. I just need to know what you want to know. Do you want the whole story, or do you want specific details?
We would like you to tell your friend to sign up and ask her own questions. It really is for her own good.

LdiJ

I am not the wife. I am a friend of the wife. She is in a terrible situation and needs to get out in order to finish school and for lack of better words keep her sanity. She asked if she could move in with me with her child. I wanted to know more info regarding how legal this is, and when she files separation and then divorce papers how this would influence custody of the child.

Thanks for all your quick replies
It would really be helpful if you would be more specific about what it is you are trying to find out.

Of course its totally legal for her to move out and take her child with her. Other than that, no one can tell you anything because your questions are so vague and we have no details as to the situation.

For example, if you are a MALE friend, that could have a much bigger impact than if you were a female friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">