• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for attorneys fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guruhelp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
How do I fight Motion for attorneys fee.
-we were together 22 months not married
-we have 2 kids in 22 months - yes I know a fast track
-She left me after 2nd child 1 month old
-she does a lot of cash deals in her job
-my IRS tax record 3 times higher than her as she has not been reporting taxes of her cash income before we met or while we were together. HOW to PROVE THAT?
-she is preventing me to be on birth certificate
-I love my children and had to take her to court to be with my children and establish my legal rights and sharing time.

I have done nothing wrong. I just want to be a father. We have not even got to main trial yet. We are done with hearings for temp. relief of children which has grant me girls 50/50 but has not been sign yet as final by judge since it was performed in front of Magistrate.

Her attorney is asking for hearing on motion for attorneys fee. He did established in temp. relief hearings that I have money and means to pay.

How do I prepare for that hearing?
How do I postpone hearing if I am not prepared?
How do I postpone if I am to seek to hire additional attorney?
How do I fight it?
What angle should i take on it?

From seeing and talking to my attorney I can clearly see he is not passion or willing to fight at all on it. Which I understand I am not high profile client or celebrity and If he fight it in future someone may fight him and he will not be getting paid.

davidmcbeth3

Are lawyers fees allowed under some statue? If not, then they may not be allowed.

Go to google scholar and research case law.

ecmst12

If your lawyer thinks that it's very likely that the motion for attorney fees will be granted whether you fight it or not, no one here is going to argue with him. He knows the facts and the legal climate in the area much better than anyone here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">