• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mrs.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmayberry

I'm married and have been for 12 years. The house we live in was my childhood home and was officially signed over to only me about 6 years ago. My father put only my name on the deed. Is the house considered only mine If we had a divorce or separated?

LdiJ

I'm married and have been for 12 years. The house we live in was my childhood home and was officially signed over to only me about 6 years ago. My father put only my name on the deed. Is the house considered only mine If we had a divorce or separated?
Probably, but since you did not tell us what state you live in, like you were supposed to, and because the laws are different from state to state, no one can give you a definite answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">