• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Must leave harmful dangerous parents please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

helpplease75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am 26 years old and badly need to move away from my parents and get hired for a job in order to. I cannot afford a lawyer unless I am hired. I am worried that if I'm hired, my father may try to prevent me from moving by cutting my fingers off. The police do not believe me because my father and mother have lied to them for years and misled them into believing I have delusions, and they put me in a mental hospital in 2005. The police have been called to the home several times for arguments and each time I risked getting put back in a mental hospital, and they took me again to one in 2008. The arguments always were caused by my father greatly bothering and provoking me, and he never will admit this to police or other authorities. It is extremely stressful and he has given me bad dreams and I worry greatly every day. Thus this involves personal injury to me, intentional affliction of emotional distress, and conspiracy.

My home life is extremely stressful and unstable, I have almost no money or car of my own, and my father has greatly and profoundly aggravated, bothered, and mentally tortured me for years about harming my favorite actress in most unspeakable ways. I fear he will try to find her and harm her, but he has the local police believe that this is a delusion as part of his plan. He especially, and my mother, have huge grudges against me (including because I used his credit card to go to an event of the actress). He is an extremely abrasive, negative, angry and cruel person and I had many problems with him growing up including abuse. They are also from Iran and fled the nation after the Islamic Revolution of 1979 and thus have a much harsher more abusive culture of child raising and are disgruntled and blame the American government for removing the Shah of Iran and installing the Ayatollah. I also believe my father has psychological problems. I will provide more details if needed surely.

I am extremely worried about this situation and plead for advice on how to most safely get a job and move out. I have a BA in Political Science. I would deeply appreciate any advice and help I could receive here. I have tried calling crisis centers but so far have had no help. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

justalayman

you need to print out your post and take it with you to your doctors appointment you are going to make first thing tomorrow.

The doctor will help you understand.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am 26 years old and badly need to move away from my parents and get hired for a job in order to. I cannot afford a lawyer unless I am hired. I am worried that if I'm hired, my father may try to prevent me from moving by cutting my fingers off. The police do not believe me because my father and mother have lied to them for years and misled them into believing I have delusions, and they put me in a mental hospital in 2005. The police have been called to the home several times for arguments and each time I risked getting put back in a mental hospital, and they took me again to one in 2008. The arguments always were caused by my father greatly bothering and provoking me, and he never will admit this to police or other authorities. It is extremely stressful and he has given me bad dreams and I worry greatly ever day. Thus this involves personal injury to me, intentional affliction of emotional distress, and conspiracy.

My home life is extremely stressful and unstable, I have almost no money or car of my own, and my father has greatly and profoundly aggravated, bothered, and mentally tortured me for years about harming my favorite actress in most unspeakable ways. I fear he will try to find her and harm her, but he has the local police believe that this is a delusion as part of his plan. He especially, and my mother, have huge grudges against me (including because I used his credit card to go to an event of the actress). He is an extremely abrasive, negative, angry and cruel person and I had many problems with him growing up including abuse. They are also from Iran and fled the nation after the Islamic Revolution of 1979 and thus have a much harsher more abusive culture of child raising and are disgruntled and blame the American government for removing the Shah of Iran and installing the Ayatollah. I also believe my father has psychological problems. I will provide more details if needed surely.

I am extremely worried about this situation and plead for advice on how to most safely get a job and move out. I have a BA in Political Science. I would deeply appreciate any advice and help I could receive here. I have tried calling crisis centers but so far have had no help. Thank you very much.

Based on your post you should discuss this with your therapist.

H

helpplease75

Must leave harmful dangerous parents

While I appreciate the time any take to read and advise, I would like to receive advice from an attorney please. Can I get this here for free?

I am in a very dangerous situation that is difficult to prove but lawyers have told me that I have personal injury, intentional affliction of emotional distress (IAED- a civil charge), and also conspiracy case against my parents. By law, I do not have to see any doctors or therapists etc. unless court ordered to a mental hospital (as my parents did to me in 2005) or taken there by police (as in 2008), and I do not.

LdiJ

While I appreciate the time any take to read and advise, I would like to receive advice from an attorney please. Can I get this here for free?

I am in a very dangerous situation that is difficult to prove but lawyers have told me that I have personal injury, intentional affliction of emotional distress (IAED- a civil charge), and also conspiracy case against my parents. By law, I do not have to see any doctors or therapists etc. unless court ordered to a mental hospital (as my parents did to me in 2005) or taken there by police (as in 2008), and I do not.
I agree with the other posters.

However, your alternative is to simply leave. You might have to work at McDonald's or somewhere else to survive, but you are a legal adult and can simply leave and live your own life.

H

helpplease75

Thank you LdIJ for the kind advice. I know the situation is difficult to believe in some ways. I am worried that my father will try to prevent me from moving after I am hired somewhere, because it would take at least a month's work or longer to get enough money to rent a cheap apartment. I would need more to hire a lawyer. I have my room doors locked when I sleep to prevent him from coming in. He is extremely cruel and sadistic, I believe he would like to cut some of my fingers off to prevent me from working/getting hired and leaving.

It is a very difficult situation. Do you know any places I could get loans or live temporarily until I have enough money for a cheap apartment? I will return tomorrow to the forum next when I am able. Thanks again I appreciate it. I have almost no places to turn to.

Also what can I do to prevent my father from harming my favorite actress and/or her family? She lives in another state.

CourtClerk

Thank you LdIJ for the kind advice. I know the situation is difficult to believe in some ways. I am worried that my father will try to prevent me from moving after I am hired somewhere, because it would take at least a month's work or longer to get enough money to rent a cheap apartment. I would need more to hire a lawyer. I have my room doors locked when I sleep to prevent him from coming in. He is extremely cruel and sadistic, I believe he would like to cut some of my fingers off to prevent me from working/getting hired and leaving.

It is a very difficult situation. Do you know any places I could get loans or live temporarily until I have enough money for a cheap apartment? I will return tomorrow to the forum next when I am able. Thanks again I appreciate it. I have almost no places to turn to.

Also what can I do to prevent my father from harming my favorite actress and/or her family? She lives in another state.
And please make sure you take your medication everyday.

LdiJ

You either need serious help from mental health professionals or you don't want out bad enough to do what you need to do.

H

helpplease75

While I appreciate CourtClerk's time and advice, just a note that by law an adult never has to take any medication unless they are committed to a mental hospital (I do not). Precisely because having been in a mental hospital greatly reduces my credibility, my parents did this in revenge because I complained about them to the police in 2005. I will return again tomorrow to the forum.

Also please let me know other sites for free legal advice.

H

helpplease75

You either need serious help from mental health professionals or you don't want out bad enough to do what you need to do.
My cruel parents have unfortunately deceived the professionals in the mental hospital and used them and the police to manipulate me for their own vindictive reasons. Iranians can be extremely cruel and abrasive...have you seen the film Not Without My Daughter for example? The nation also has terrible human rights abuses and my father daily tortures and aggravates me implying he will do this to my innocent favorite actress.

I am not the most socially adjusted person, no, I have no friends or social life and do not seek any, but its partially because I was raised this way by my father and isolated.

I admit to having procrastinated to finding a job since I graduated in 2007, but now things are more dangerous for me. I had one job and had to quit it b/c it was all commission, but my father was greatly bothering me while transporting me to it back in 2007.

Assuming I get hired and he tries to cut some of my fingers off, and I struggle with him and the police arrive. He would deny it and the police would be unlikely to believe me especially because my credibility has been so undermined by making me appear to be mentally ill.

*adding that cutting off fingers has been done by the Islamic Rep. of Iran, in Islamic punishment, as my father is very aware, although both of my parents are atheists

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do you know any places I could get loans or live temporarily until I have enough money for a cheap apartment?
This site does not provide referrals and even if we did, and even if we knew where you lived, it would not be appropriate to post the names of the kinds of shelters you are looking for on a public forum. They need to remain semi-anonymous for obvious reasons.

There are shelters for people who are victims of domestic violence but we cannot tell you where to find them. If this thread is for real, you can probably find out about local shelters from any church in your area.

I have to admit, however, that I have to agree that either you are in need of serious mental health care; that you do not want out badly enough to do what you know you need to do and are just enjoying the drama, or else this entire thread is a fake. If you needed out as badly as all that, you'd be gone.

H

helpplease75

This site does not provide referrals and even if we did, and even if we knew where you lived, it would not be appropriate to post the names of the kinds of shelters you are looking for on a public forum. They need to remain semi-anonymous for obvious reasons.

There are shelters for people who are victims of domestic violence but we cannot tell you where to find them. If this thread is for real, you can probably find out about local shelters from any church in your area.

I have to admit, however, that I have to agree that either you are in need of serious mental health care; that you do not want out badly enough to do what you know you need to do and are just enjoying the drama, or else this entire thread is a fake. If you needed out as badly as all that, you'd be gone.
Looking at the last post, and my last response was deleted sadly, I was worried I would be considered a troll. Thanks for telling me about these shelters I will ask the churches, they are often full of kind people.

I am not enjoying this at all, the thread is very real. It was the Apollo moon landings that were faked actually. I did not intend for this thread to sound humorous, it is one of the cruelest most horrible situations I have known of, and it is mine sadly. I will deeply appreciate all advice (in a case like this, I hope I can live long enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">