• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 14 year-old had a baby, as a mom, what are my rights regarding this baby?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cweekend

My daughter, who just turned 14, gave birth to a baby girl. She is not sure who the father is. I am so worried about this baby. My daughter lives with me, her father,and 2 young brothers. My daughter has ran away several times. She gets angry and threatens to run away and take her baby with her. I am afraid that in a fit of anger she may carry out this threat. I love my daughter and I love my new granddaughter. I do not want my child out at night and I do not want her slipping out with an infant. I live in Florida and wonder if someone knows what rights I have concerning this baby? Do I have legal control over this new baby? Any advice would be appreciated.

Ambr

has your daughter addressed the court for emancipation?

i would contact a local attorney and find out what your responsibilities are. From what you described, she doesn't appear to be a "stable" person to raise a child. she's just a baby herself.

I would call ASAP to an attorney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">