• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 16 yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michelle2000

My daughters school says at age 16 in wisconsin that because she has a baby it makes her emancipated in the courts eyes.I need to know if this is true and if so than why in wisconsin her father and I and the babys other grandparents have to pay for the baby until they turn 18? She cant get no help from state agencys because they say the "grandparent law"is in affect. If this is so why do the school authority tell her she is free to leave and do as she feels. If this is not correct than why can the schools cause problems for us like this? please answer I am confused.At age 16 they can barely take care of them selves more less be on their own.Any advice would help as I have heard it everytime we tell her she cant do something that"the school says I can move out anytime I want and take baby with her" I am not paying childsupport for my grandson if he is not in our home.So what is the grandparent law for if kids can move away at 16 are we still paying for their baby regardless where they are? please help I am very frustrated.

sincerely Mrs. michelle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">