• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My aunt and uncle want custody, I don't know what to do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpauline

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? Iowa.

I am 16 years old and am currently living with a friend. About 2 weeks ago I was kicked out of my home. In the past there has been drug use in the home between my step father and I, there still is, but only by my step father now. I have been in a foster home, and in and out of treatment centers for suicidal ideations. I have been on and off antidepressants,and have slipped majorly in my schooling. I have tried sooo hard to get out of the bad enviroment and not become the kind of people my parents are. I am to be certified for my Nurse Aid license in a week here, I have chosen not to go home despite my mothers plees. My aunt and uncle in Minnesota want to take me in. That would be a totaly different enviroment, totaly postive and everything I need. My mother wants nothing more then to keep me here and keep playing games with me. My Bio father lives in Minnesota too, he is in and out of jail so yea..thats not good either..what should i do?? I am thinkn that im just gonna go ahead and go, but i dont know what my mom is going to do..

adivce would be greatly appreciated!!
thanks

Wolflmg

Depending on who still have legal custody of you, mom, dad, step dad. Who ever if all or both. Whomever would have to sign custody rights over to your Aunt and Uncle, as long as there is no problems with signing over rights and as long as your Aunt and Uncle can show the court they are able to care for you and put you in a good environment there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">