• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueeyes12567

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I have a very pressing problem. My ex has physical custody of my children. When with him my children end up with bizarre accidents. For example, he had to take my daughter to the doctor for pain in her private parts. I was told that she fell on her bed. She is only seven, and honestly feel there is more to the story. I am afraid to take it to DCFS as I can only afford to have a two room apartment, and if they are taken from him, I fear I will lose my chances of getting them back when I can afford the room for them.
Another thing that is a constant is that my son is now 4 1/2 years old and has siezures. The problem is that he only has them with my ex. When he came for my Christmas visitation, my ex had said he has been having what I call drop seizures (where the only symptom of the seizure is they fall to the ground) every day for over a month. However, he had no sign or symptom the entire 10 days he was here. He is still not toilet trained, but when he is here it takes him about a week, and I no longer have a problem.
Is there anything legal I can do in the meantime to protect my children and ensure they will someday soon be home with me? I was told that a child advocate is a good route since I can prove nothing from 5 1/2 hours away. Is there any other advice anyone may have???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">