• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Husband was already Married and didn't tell me and he Married me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crystal1982

I went to the town clerks where we got Married and they called the town clerks office where he Married his first wife and they said yes he is Married to another woman. Then the town clerks office where I got married said they won't do anything about it. I wamt to know if I can get Married again. I live in Vermont sincen 2013 and I don't want to have the law on my hands but My Husband got a way with it so why can't I do it to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

I went to the town clerks where we got Married and they called the town clerks office where he Married his first wife and they said yes he is Married to another woman. Then the town clerks office where I got married said they won't do anything about it. I wamt to know if I can get Married again. I live in Vermont sincen 2013 and I don't want to have the law on my hands but My Husband got a way with it so why can't I do it to.
Interesting.

Tell me Crystal, exactly what did you ask, and who did you talk to? Their name is not required - their general position at court-house will suffice ("behind the desk" is not the answer I'm seeking, by the way).

Now, for the benefit of others: you know why I'm asking :cool:

single317dad

That the clerk in the town where your (alleged) husband married his first wife confirmed a marriage record exists is of no consequence. He could have married his first wife in Miami and divorced her in Minnetonka and the clerk may have no knowledge of the divorce.

Can you do it too? Absolutely! Two wrongs certainly don't make a right, but if you don't mind a little prison time, you can do just about anything you like.

Since you didn't provide your state, I can't tell you exactly how much prison time you'd be facing, but a couple of years would be a minimum.

I think you're being very childish and I don't envy your (alleged) husband his position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">