• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my mom has banned me from her house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lenieg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
My father is dying and on hospice care. My mother and I have been fighting and she has now refused to allow me to see my father. My father is at home and I'm not allowed at the house, is there anything I can legally do to force my mother to let me visit with my father?

cyjeff

I am sorry for your father's illness.

At first blush, the primary laws are around property. She can choose to allow or disallow anyone on her property that she wishes.

I am really trying to think of something to be done about visiting your father. Is there any way that you could talk your mother into allowing you to see him when she is not around?

You know... like a pappa sitter.... to give her some down time.

I don't know the nature of your disagreement... but unless one of you was trying to hurt the others or unless your presence would effect your father negatively, I don't understand this action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">