• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My right to know my wife's medical condition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rodney Hodgson

I live in Texas and my wife and I are currently estranged. No legal process has begun of any kind as of yet. She is going into the hospital because she is termanly I'll with cancer. She is trying to keep me from having any knowledge of her condition. Can she do this ?

Proserpina

I live in Texas and my wife and I are currently estranged. No legal process has begun of any kind as of yet. She is going into the hospital because she is termanly I'll with cancer. She is trying to keep me from having any knowledge of her condition. Can she do this ?
Absolutely, 100%. You do not have the right to her medical records or history.

ajkroy

Even if you were in an intact marriage, you wouldn't have the legal right to know her medical information.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Under HIPAA privacy laws, you are not entitled to any information whatsoever unless she has given written permission for you to have it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">