• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights about changing locks to house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deeppurple

What is the name of your state? WI, I own a house by myself. My girlfriend moved in three months ago. She had left without a word several times not returning for a couple of days each time. Do I have the right to change any of the locks in the house, even with her belongings still here? What other rights do I have? Can I just kick her and her kid out on the street ?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

deeppurple said:
What is the name of your state? WI, I own a house by myself. My girlfriend moved in three months ago. She had left without a word several times not returning for a couple of days each time. Do I have the right to change any of the locks in the house, even with her belongings still here? What other rights do I have? Can I just kick her and her kid out on the street ?
**A: wait a minute. If she leaves for days, then who watches the kid? And how old is this kid?

D

deeppurple

Re: Re: my rights about changing locks to house

HomeGuru said:
**A: wait a minute. If she leaves for days, then who watches the kid? And how old is this kid?
I watched the kid last weekend, this weekend she had someone else pick her up after school today. Where her kid is now, I do not know for sure. she just turned nine this summer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">