• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights as a father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clevoy1

Four years ago, I signed custody rights over to my son's grandparent's on the mother's side. I did it so he could be covered by their insurance. I had a verbal agreement with them to still be able to be a part of his life.
After I signed the paperwork, I was allowed to see him once, then they completely cut me off. I spent the next two years in denial, drinking and doing drugs heavily. I finally had a wake-up call, telling me not to just let him go.
I've spent the last two years trying to see him, without any success. Every lawyer I've talked to tells me they won't even attempt to assist me without giving him/her an over abundant amount of money to even see if there is hope.
I would like any insight and advise available.

Also, I live in Florida. His mother, who also signed her rights over, is still called mom by my son.

[Edited by clevoy1 on 02-04-2001 at 01:56 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">