• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights as a witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aprild3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I will anyway. Maybe some one can help. I have been asked to give a statement about some things that my sister-in-law may have told me. The police told my husband that they will come to our house on Monday to talk to me. I don't want to be uncooperative, but I really want nothing to do with her, or her case. Do I have to talk to them? I don't know what stage this is in, I don't even know if she has been charged with anything yet. Well, she probably has, because she has a lawyer. Who is my 'go to' guy with questions like this. Now I don't want to ask him, because of his involvement.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I will anyway. Maybe some one can help. I have been asked to give a statement about some things that my sister-in-law may have told me. The police told my husband that they will come to our house on Monday to talk to me. I don't want to be uncooperative, but I really want nothing to do with her, or her case. Do I have to talk to them? I don't know what stage this is in, I don't even know if she has been charged with anything yet. Well, she probably has, because she has a lawyer. Who is my 'go to' guy with questions like this. Now I don't want to ask him, because of his involvement.
Just tell the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">