• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son's step-mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nrmatth

In WISCONSIN
My son's step-mother is a teacher. She contacted his teacher when he started school and requested information about reasons he may have had trouble in school and asked the teacher to teach him certain things, certain ways. The teacher disclosed things about my home and my daughter, and made assumptions that she passed to the step-mom that he was having trouble because of things at home. She also taught him the things they wanted. This went on for 6 months before I found out anything was going on like this and I had to request the e-mails and only recieved 2 months worth. What are my rights. What do I do about this? The school has agreed everything has to be disclosed but I don't think the teacher is complying. She is even teaching him his dad's address and phone number even though he's 45 minutes away!

CourtClerk

What is wrong with the child learning his father's address?

Haven't you taught your child YOUR address? Is one address more important than the other?

If your child is having problems, and this woman (no matter WHO she is) is willing to help him get ahead, what is the issue? Did she go about it a little backwards? Maybe, but look at the bigger picture here.

I know you're ready to say "nothing," but what IS going on at home that would make your child's teacher say the things she did to SM? What is it that you are trying to hide?

Country Living

It's wonderful someone is taking an active interest in his academic progress (or lack of) and is willing to put in time and effort to help him succeed. Every child deserves to grow into the person they are meant to be.

Thank goodness the teacher and the SM are willing to keep the best interest of the child in mind. I doubt you could have done "better" because if that were possible the child wouldn't be in his academic and disciplinary situation.

You need to resolve whatever problems you have or are creating and give this child a safe, secure, and happy home. Don't sacrifice the well-being of your child in some strange attempt to make a point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">