• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debreckon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
I was married and my husband passed away, I was going to marry a man in Texas but he was not devorced from his wife but I changed my name to his he never got a divorce so I
left him and came back to NJ and now I can't get my name changed back to my married name please tell me how I can do this

las365

Are you saying that you went to court in Texas and legally changed your last name to the name of your married lover? What in the world possessed you to do that?

In any event, if you legall changed your name before, you should know how to do it. Just go through the same process in the state you live in now. Who told you that you can't change it again?

debreckon

I did not go to court

I just called ss office and they said ok and sent me my ss card with the new name.
I did send for my marrage certifice and just recevied it. I called ss up here and they told me I have to go to court to have my name changed back.

Gracie3787

I just called ss office and they said ok and sent me my ss card with the new name.
I did send for my marrage certifice and just recevied it. I called ss up here and they told me I have to go to court to have my name changed back.
The SSA changed the name on your SS card WITHOUT having any kind of proof from you???
They were NOT supposed to do that, and if they did, someone really screwed up. Did you also change your name on your DL, insurance, car registration, etc?

debreckon

yes

I changed everthing to the name,
I can not a NJ drivers lic because of my name that I have no proof of.
Please help me

LdiJ

I changed everthing to the name,
I can not a NJ drivers lic because of my name that I have no proof of.
Please help me
You are going to have to go to court to change your last name, or stick with the last name that you have now. There are no other choices or alternatives.

VeronicaLodge

i still want to know why she would call some SS office and say her name should be changed to that of a man's she was not married to and who was in fact married to someone else. what were you trying to accomplish with that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">