• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name change: first and middle name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alib65

What is the name of your state? FL

I filed a petition to change my first and middle name and the order came back today that it was denied because I did not include a divorce decree from my marriage...I am not getting divorced. My petiton is complete and accrate (besides, if it was a name change due to divorce, a different petition would have to be filed anyway).

I guess the judge did not look carefully at the petition, I don't know. Anyway, I went down to the courthouse today and they said I would have to file a motion...what is the correct "title" of the motion? A Motion for Re-evaluation or something to that effect? A Motion that the Judge Made a Mistake? lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">