• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name changes in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmmcqueen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa I have a 6 yr old daughter who does not know her father due to him not wanting any part of her life. I have been married since and we have been together for 51/2 yrs and she knows him as daddy now i would like to change her last name to my husbands last name how do i go about this her real father has been notified and is ok with this decision?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa I have a 6 yr old daughter who does not know her father due to him not wanting any part of her life. I have been married since and we have been together for 51/2 yrs and she knows him as daddy now i would like to change her last name to my husbands last name how do i go about this her real father has been notified and is ok with this decision?
So why have you lied to your daughter?

Gracie3787

Why doesn't your husband want to adopt your daughter?

Since her father is willing to agree to a name change, would he also agree to voluntarily relinquish his rights to allow for an adoption?

Adoption would be very easy if Dad does agree and it is much better that a name change.

However, if an adoption is not what you want, as long as dad agrees to the name change all you have to do is file the needed papers. You can try asking your court clerk's office where you can find the name change forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">