• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tia062003

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

My brother will be 17 in October of this year. His father has been bringing our mom to court saying that she has kept him from him. A guardian at liteum was brought in and said that my brother was able to make up his own mind and that my mom had nothing to do with his decisions. However the court decided to force my mother to call his father every sunday and give him complete updates of my brother. He also seems to have the right to go into the high school and decide everything for my brother without any input from my mother. My brother lives with my mother yet this state seems to be giving her no power or rights to make decisions on my brothers behalf. Is there anything that can be done before his father drives him to drop out of school because of all his interference? He is almost 17 years old yet the court is treating him like he is 10 with no say. Any advice would be appreciated

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

My brother will be 17 in October of this year. His father has been bringing our mom to court saying that she has kept him from him. A guardian at liteum was brought in and said that my brother was able to make up his own mind and that my mom had nothing to do with his decisions. However the court decided to force my mother to call his father every sunday and give him complete updates of my brother. He also seems to have the right to go into the high school and decide everything for my brother without any input from my mother. My brother lives with my mother yet this state seems to be giving her no power or rights to make decisions on my brothers behalf. Is there anything that can be done before his father drives him to drop out of school because of all his interference? He is almost 17 years old yet the court is treating him like he is 10 with no say. Any advice would be appreciated
(Is it possible for Mom to register and ask the questions? I'm thinking she'll know a bit more about the actual legalities here)

What do the court orders actually say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">